FishKeepingBanter.com

FishKeepingBanter.com (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/index.php)
-   General (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   guppies (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20893)

[email protected] June 12th 05 06:17 AM

guppies

Hi, My name is Fallon and i have a male and female guppy. I noticed
today that the male would swim near the female and "poke" her. But now,
he swims away from her as if he wants nothing to do with her. Does this
mean he impregnated her? or did he lose interest?

Thanx

-Fallon

Trygve Lillefosse June 12th 05 06:51 PM

On 11 Jun 2005 22:17:21 -0700, wrote:
Hi, My name is Fallon and i have a male and female guppy. I noticed
today that the male would swim near the female and "poke" her. But now,
he swims away from her as if he wants nothing to do with her. Does this
mean he impregnated her? or did he lose interest?

It means that he impregnated her.

The funny thing with guppies is that your female guppy may now get
several batches of fry from that one mating.

--
SEE YA !!!
Trygve Lillefosse

default June 18th 05 03:54 PM

wrote:
Hi, My name is Fallon and i have a male and female guppy. I noticed
today that the male would swim near the female and "poke" her. But now,
he swims away from her as if he wants nothing to do with her. Does this
mean he impregnated her? or did he lose interest?

Thanx

-Fallon

Both, actually. Since he has impregnated her he has also lost
interest. He probably won't call her either. :)

steve

[email protected] July 16th 05 05:22 AM

hahahah yea thats tru....lemme get some when the eggs hatch Fallon...u
kno where to find me..LOL