AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Neon fuel problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4428)

S & T Marshall August 5th 04 02:31 AM

Neon fuel problem

After, and only after, driving extended periods at highway speeds, when I
depress the accellerator after having removed my foot from to slow down the
car will not accelerate, it won't stall but it won't go either. If I park it
and let it cool off it's fine until i again go at highway speeds for an
extended period, and as long as I stay at a constant speed its fine. The
temperature guage reads normal temp, and the check engine light will come
on. Had code checked, comes out as engine air/fuel in a lean condition. Was
told it is most likely the fuel pump on it's way out, not pumping when it
gets hot, but as I said will only do it if i remove my foot from the pedal
and try to reapply it.

James C. Reeves August 5th 04 02:36 AM

"S & T Marshall" > wrote in message
| After, and only after, driving extended periods at highway speeds, when I
| depress the accellerator after having removed my foot from to slow down the
| car will not accelerate, it won't stall but it won't go either. If I park it
| and let it cool off it's fine until i again go at highway speeds for an
| extended period, and as long as I stay at a constant speed its fine. The
| temperature guage reads normal temp, and the check engine light will come
| on. Had code checked, comes out as engine air/fuel in a lean condition. Was
| told it is most likely the fuel pump on it's way out, not pumping when it
| gets hot, but as I said will only do it if i remove my foot from the pedal
| and try to reapply it.

When was the last time you had the fuel filter replaced?

James C. Reeves August 5th 04 02:36 AM