AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ford Commercials (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25381)

Deputy Dog February 25th 05 11:18 PM

Ford Commercials

Is anyone as sick and tired of hearing America the beautiful played upteen
different ways as I am <GAG> especially the electric guitar version.
--
"Guns don't kill people..................
husbands that come home early do."

351CJ February 26th 05 08:37 AM

Deputy Dog wrote:
> Is anyone as sick and tired of hearing America the beautiful played upteen
> different ways as I am <GAG> especially the electric guitar version.

I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not
disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you?

:-)

Jim Warman February 26th 05 09:06 AM

Pssstt... that's "Jimi" Hendrix.... the 60s and 70s were a fantastic place
to live.... leaded gas, 15 cent a glass beer, casual sex without galoshes
and cars with multiple carbs sitting on showroom floors (well, in the 60s,
anyway).

Any commercial featuring music from my youth is a welcome commercial...

John February 26th 05 12:07 PM

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:06:15 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>>Pssstt... that's "Jimi" Hendrix.... the 60s and 70s were a fantastic place
>>to live.... leaded gas, 15 cent a glass beer, casual sex without galoshes
>>and cars with multiple carbs sitting on showroom floors (well, in the 60s,
>>anyway).
>>
>>Any commercial featuring music from my youth is a welcome commercial...
>>

> Or in my case triggers a flashback :)

Maybe that's what happened to me too. I couldn't see the commercial through
the Purple Haze.

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

SVTKate February 26th 05 12:41 PM

*sigh*
You are so right Jim.

the 70's were great.

Deputy Dog February 26th 05 03:16 PM

"351CJ" > wrote in message
> Deputy Dog wrote:
>> Is anyone as sick and tired of hearing America the beautiful played
>> upteen different ways as I am <GAG> especially the electric guitar
>> version.

> I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not
> disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you?
>
> :-)

Hell no, I grew up with him (his music) I jes can't take hearing it 15-20
times a day.

Deputy Dog February 26th 05 03:20 PM

Hell I ate some morning glory seeds once that made me see the kitchen phone
melt right of the wall.
dave

dwight February 26th 05 03:47 PM

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message

> "351CJ" > wrote in message
>> Deputy Dog wrote:
>>> Is anyone as sick and tired of hearing America the beautiful played
>>> upteen different ways as I am <GAG> especially the electric guitar
>>> version.

>> I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not
>> disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you?
>>
>> :-)

> Hell no, I grew up with him (his music) I jes can't take hearing it 15-20
> times a day.

My TV comes with an optional channel changer, so I'm not stuck watching only
one broadcast. I even have this thing called a "remote", so I don't even
have to get up off the La-Z-Boy. Works well for me. You could probably pick
one up at the local Radio Shack.

dwight

Deputy Dog February 26th 05 04:05 PM

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
>>
>> "351CJ" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I haven't seen (or heard) the commercials in question, but you are not
>>> disparaging Jimmy Hendrix are you?
>>>
>>> :-)

>> Hell no, I grew up with him (his music) I jes can't take hearing it 15-20
>> times a day.

> My TV comes with an optional channel changer, so I'm not stuck watching
> only one broadcast. I even have this thing called a "remote", so I don't
> even have to get up off the La-Z-Boy. Works well for me. You could
> probably pick one up at the local Radio Shack.
>
> dwight

I also have a thing called a remote, but even so I still have to listen to
the first few notes before I hit the button.(to lazy to hit button) point
is enough is enough.I have pic in pic so I can go btween the 2, What self
respecting football fan would do without that feature if he could avoid it.

Dave

[email protected] February 26th 05 04:24 PM

Wow, there is something you are not bitter about. Unless of course you
are bitter about 'lost youth'... :)