AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Need help with key not working on my 2001 330 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23054)

Dennis Paisley February 2nd 05 05:13 PM

Need help with key not working on my 2001 330

I am having issues with arming / disarming my 330.

The dealership said that there is a BMW letter indicating that if I do not
drive more than 15 minutes, the key does not have time to charge.

I drive to work for 5-10 mintes everyday, so BMW and my dealership have told
me to live with it (in so many words.)

Any comments or assistance?

Tom Korth February 2nd 05 11:55 PM

"Dennis Paisley" > wrote in message
>I am having issues with arming / disarming my 330.
>
> The dealership said that there is a BMW letter indicating that if I do not
> drive more than 15 minutes, the key does not have time to charge.
>
> I drive to work for 5-10 mintes everyday, so BMW and my dealership have
> told me to live with it (in so many words.)
>
> Any comments or assistance?

Not trying to be smart - but if I had your commute, I'd have an extra 5
hours per week. I'd spend at least two of those hours exploring some
interesting, scenic roads and charging my key at the same time.

Tom

Dennis Paisley February 3rd 05 03:17 AM

Tom,

I agree. I do during the summer, however not as much in the winter.

After I posted this thread, my dealership charged my keys and brought my car
back to my work. The keys did not work when they arrived at my office. They
now suspect a short or a faulty security system module. Even if they find
out that it is bad, I still plan on driving more, once this snow is gone.

Dennis

Tom Korth February 3rd 05 11:34 PM

"Dennis Paisley" > wrote in message
> Tom,
>
> I agree. I do during the summer, however not as much in the winter.
>
> After I posted this thread, my dealership charged my keys and brought my
> car back to my work. The keys did not work when they arrived at my office.
> They now suspect a short or a faulty security system module. Even if they
> find out that it is bad, I still plan on driving more, once this snow is
> gone.

Glad to hear you'll get it sorted out - but I still envy your 10 minute
commute!

Tom