AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How can I add overdrive on '78 K10 with TH350 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=6081)

loren charter April 6th 04 03:03 AM

How can I add overdrive on '78 K10 with TH350

This thing has a recently rebuilt 400 and sucks gas. I need a higher
gear than the 3 speed TH350 has. I checked out some aftermarked
overdrive systems on GearVendors but they were a lot more $$$ than i
want to spend. Any suggestions?
(Go easy on me. this is my first post)

Rob Munach April 6th 04 11:38 AM

loren charter wrote:

> This thing has a recently rebuilt 400 and sucks gas. I need a higher
> gear than the 3 speed TH350 has. I checked out some aftermarked
> overdrive systems on GearVendors but they were a lot more $$$ than i
> want to spend. Any suggestions?
> (Go easy on me. this is my first post)

Buy a 700R4 transmission.

Rob Munach April 6th 04 11:38 AM

Steve W. April 7th 04 12:01 AM

How do you use it? Heavy off road/ towing? Daily driver with no towing?
About the easiest way would be to convert to a 700R-4. Next would be the
gear vendors unit.

--
Steve Williams

om...