AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Can an EGR valve affect the heater? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72995)

j August 23rd 06 10:44 PM

Can an EGR valve affect the heater?

The heater on my 1994 Corsica with V-6 engine has not put out more than
lukewarm heat for the past couple years in the winter. I have kept the car
in immaculate condition including keeping the coolant changed regularly. I
have flushed the radiator and heater core, tried a couple different brands
of 195 degree thermostats, etc. and nothing worked. I recently learned that
my EGR valve is bad and a friend told me that the EGR valve may be the
reason why I cannot get good heat in the winter. This doesn't sound right to
me. Can it be true? Also, I noticed that where the upper radiator hose goes
from the engine (where the thermostat is) to the radiator, there is a thin
metal pipe with a thin hose hooked to it running from the upper hose to the
coolant reservoir that allows coolant to go from the upper radiator hose to
the reservoir. Please tell me why the pipe is there. Thank you.

AudioGuy93DelSol[_2_] August 24th 06 12:56 AM

Can an EGR valve affect the heater?

The ERG only redirects exhaust gasses into the intake stream to lower
emmisions. It would not effect your heater. The heater problem is
probably due to the blending door being jammed or not fully opening.

--
AudioGuy93DelSol
AudioGuy93DelSol's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=174364

http://www.automotiveforums.com