AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   i n f l r e s t (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67674)

miwy June 17th 06 04:26 AM

i n f l r e s t

Just bought a 92 vette, no owners manual, and the car died and the
"infl rest" light was flashing. The car started right back up but does
anyone know what caused this? What is "infl rest"?
thanks miwy

Salvatore Giomarra June 17th 06 05:01 AM

i n f l r e s t

miwy wrote:
> Just bought a 92 vette, no owners manual, and the car died and the
> "infl rest" light was flashing. The car started right back up but
> does anyone know what caused this? What is "infl rest"?

I believe if it's flashing it's a problem with your air bag. Call your
dealer ASAP.

miwy June 17th 06 05:08 AM

i n f l r e s t

Salvatore Giomarra June 17th 06 05:54 AM

i n f l r e s t

miwy wrote:
> Salvatore Giomarra wrote:
>> miwy wrote:
>>> Just bought a 92 vette, no owners manual, and the car died and the
>>> "infl rest" light was flashing. The car started right back up but
>>> does anyone know what caused this? What is "infl rest"?

>> I believe if it's flashing it's a problem with your air bag. Call
>> your
>> dealer ASAP.
>>

> It was flashing when it died, but went out when restarted car and
> didnt come back on.

I believe that an onboard computer in the Corvette has memorized what error
it threw. I am not sure though; because 1992 is a long time ago. I know
that nowadays the cars have an connector (OBC II?) and that's how the
computer reports what it remembered doing.

Bob I June 17th 06 01:46 PM

i n f l r e s t

"Infl"atable "Rest"raint. The air bag controller detected a problem.

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_tr...oting.htm#INFL

'Key June 17th 06 09:25 PM

i n f l r e s t

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> "Infl"atable "Rest"raint. The air bag controller detected
> a problem.
>
> http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_tr...oting.htm#INFL
>
> miwy wrote:
>> Just bought a 92 vette, no owners manual, and the car
>> died and the
>> "infl rest" light was flashing. The car started right
>> back up but does
>> anyone know what caused this? What is "infl rest"?
>> thanks miwy

ZR1_troubleshooting .htm#INFL
could be a little different than for a 92,
right ?

--
"Key"
=====

Bob I June 18th 06 12:55 AM

i n f l r e s t

More a "year" thing than a "model" thing.

miwy June 22nd 06 12:11 AM

i n f l r e s t