AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Why You Should Never Put $5000 Rims on Your $2000 Car (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34022)

MidnightDad May 30th 05 04:13 AM

Why You Should Never Put $5000 Rims on Your $2000 Car

I feel compelled to say this about Scott en Aztlán
>'s comments:

>http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
>
>Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude
>surprise when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day
>weekend... :(

How do you know what kind of rims he had on?

C.H. May 30th 05 04:37 AM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:05:40 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
>
> Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude surprise
> when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day weekend... :(

What I find hilarious are the CD sized disc brakes :)

Chris

L Sternn May 30th 05 05:25 AM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 23:13:26 -0400, MidnightDad > wrote:

>I feel compelled to say this about Scott en Aztlán
>'s comments:
>
>>http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
>>
>>Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude
>>surprise when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day
>>weekend... :(

>How do you know what kind of rims he had on?

Has Scott ever said what he does for a living????

Not that I recall - he just digs cars and travels all over the
Southwest.

I think he's a 1-man auto-theft ring ;-)

That picture is sad though - I prefer to see Escalades sitting in
parking lots with no rims.

At least their car costs more than their rims - which doesn't make it
any more drivable once it has no wheels

Bill 2 May 30th 05 02:19 PM

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
>
> Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude
> surprise when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day
> weekend... :(

The car probably costs more than $2000, and judging by the rust on the
rotors, it's been there a while.

Jim Yanik May 30th 05 04:46 PM

"Bill 2" > wrote in news:ppEme.39155$Ph4.859638@ursa-
nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>> http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
>>
>> Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude
>> surprise when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day
>> weekend... :(

> The car probably costs more than $2000, and judging by the rust on the
> rotors, it's been there a while.

Rotors can begin to rust in a couple of days if not driven.Mine do here in
Florida.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The Real Bev May 31st 05 01:29 AM

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:25:02 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:
> >I think he's a 1-man auto-theft ring ;-)

> ROFLMAO!!! You forget, I'm the one who designed a GPS-based vehicle
> tracking device to help recover cars from theft (and, in the meantime,
> keep tabs on my teenaged son). Why would I put myself into a position
> where I could get caught by my own device? :)

What kind of inventor would not also invent a device to defeat the device he
invented to catch others? Remember, you always take the antidote BEFORE you
poison the water supply.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Brent P May 31st 05 03:30 AM

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> You're right, somebody just HAD TO HAVE a set of STOCK rims for a
> Honda Civic.
>
>:rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. On the torqueless wonder car a number of years
ago someone pried off a piece of side trim and stole it.

Cory Dunkle May 31st 05 03:46 AM

"C.H." > wrote in message
.. .
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:05:40 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
> > http://tinypic.com/5fq8pf
> >
> > Some poor college student from Minnesota is going to get a rude surprise
> > when he comes back to school after the Memorial Day weekend... :(

> What I find hilarious are the CD sized disc brakes :)

Which undoubtedly had huge 18" or even 20" tires to show off those tiny
little brakes. Damn ******s and wiggers, unbelievable how stupid they are.

C.H. May 31st 05 06:02 AM

On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:46:25 -0400, Cory Dunkle wrote:

> "C.H." > wrote in message
> .. .

>> What I find hilarious are the CD sized disc brakes :)

> Which undoubtedly had huge 18" or even 20" tires to show off those tiny
> little brakes. Damn ******s and wiggers, unbelievable how stupid they are.

It's even funnier if they have only drum brakes and then paint them red ;)

Chris

[email protected] May 31st 05 02:17 PM

Surves him right for purchasing a hon - DUH!