AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   166 Flat battery (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25)

david_dance April 30th 04 07:16 PM

166 Flat battery

According to the handbook, trickle charging the battery or starting via jump
leads should only be carried out by "authorised AR services".

Is this strictly necessary? The battery is not completely dead, but will
not turn the starter motor over.

Simon Mason May 1st 04 11:43 AM

"david_dance" > wrote in message
> According to the handbook, trickle charging the battery or starting via

jump
> leads should only be carried out by "authorised AR services".
>
> Is this strictly necessary? The battery is not completely dead, but will
> not turn the starter motor over.

I trickle charge the battery on my 156 with no ill effect - if you called
out the AA or RAC they would not call out AR services to jump start your
car!

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

rafal May 6th 04 05:31 PM

Hi,

> According to the handbook, trickle charging the battery or starting
> via jump leads should only be carried out by "authorised AR
> services".
>
> Is this strictly necessary? The battery is not completely dead,
> but will not turn the starter motor over.

I've started my 166 3.0 v6 using the power of my wife's Lancia Y
at least for two times. No problem at all :)

--
Best regards,
Rafaellop - AR 166 3.0 V6 Diavola Rossa 226 KM