AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   89 Sundance (shadow) Resistor Pak Loc? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33959)

Leroy May 29th 05 06:09 PM

89 Sundance (shadow) Resistor Pak Loc?

89 Sundance
I found a couple of posts in here that said the blower resistor pak
was either on the Pass side firewall, or behind the glove box.

Have looked and looked, both places. Cannot find it.

Have probably replaced a dozen of em' on Dakota pickups. Does it
look about the same?

They are usually in the air-stream, near the blower motor. I can't
even spot THAT! Maybe I need glasses.

Any other suggestions on location?
Thanks
"Leroy"

Leroy May 30th 05 08:14 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:09:16 -0400, Leroy >
wrote:

>89 Sundance
>I found a couple of posts in here that said the blower resistor pak
>was either on the Pass side firewall, or behind the glove box.
>
>Have looked and looked, both places. Cannot find it.
>
> Have probably replaced a dozen of em' on Dakota pickups. Does it
>look about the same?
>
>They are usually in the air-stream, near the blower motor. I can't
>even spot THAT! Maybe I need glasses.
>
>Any other suggestions on location?
>Thanks
>"Leroy"

It was under the windshield cowl behind the washer reservoir......you
have to remove the wiper arms, the trim molding, and the bottle.
"Leroy"

ArchTaib June 2nd 05 12:36 AM

if it's not too late a post..

the resistor pack has to be removed from the inside. it's about 6 inches up
and behind the glove box. way up there. just about at the bottom of the
windshiled. you can probably see it when you look in that vent on the
passenger side under the corner of the windshield *on the outside*.

what i did with mine was simply bust the old one out, and then i took out
the screw-bolt things ( i think i was an 8mm) with my fingers.

much easier that way. but yeah... some of them poke outside the car from
the inside. very annoying.

ArchTaib June 2nd 05 12:55 AM

look i'm replying to myself. i totally missed the part when you solved your
own problem. :s

i should go get some more sleep

misfit attic June 5th 05 10:42 PM

Hi,
I also have a 89 Sundance....you were posting about a Resistor Pak Loc....I
am curious as to what the significance of this is. I am curious to know!

Erik

Leroy June 12th 05 09:31 PM

The resistor pack is used in conjunction with the blower speed switch
to control the speed of the A/c-heater blower. The blower motor is a
1-speed motor and various resiostances are switched into series with
it by the speed switch to obtain different speeds. If you loose 1 or
more blower speeds the resistor pack is the problem. If you loose all
blower speeds it CAN be the problem, also. I had lost the two slowest
speeds. Replacing the resistor pack cured it.

Much simpler, and much less work, than pulling the blower motor(or
the speed switch) only to discover that they are OK and the resistor
pack was the problem all along.

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:42:03 -0400, "misfit attic"
> wrote:

>Hi,
>I also have a 89 Sundance....you were posting about a Resistor Pak Loc....I
>am curious as to what the significance of this is. I am curious to know!
>
>Erik
>"Leroy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> 89 Sundance
>> I found a couple of posts in here that said the blower resistor pak
>> was either on the Pass side firewall, or behind the glove box.
>>
>> Have looked and looked, both places. Cannot find it.
>>
>> Have probably replaced a dozen of em' on Dakota pickups. Does it
>> look about the same?
>>
>> They are usually in the air-stream, near the blower motor. I can't
>> even spot THAT! Maybe I need glasses.
>>
>> Any other suggestions on location?
>> Thanks
>> "Leroy"