AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   '99 Accord V6 auto trans (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26798)

lcmon March 12th 05 09:10 PM

'99 Accord V6 auto trans

Is there a filter in this auto tranny ? Where about?
Just for my curiosity.
My 99 Accord trans whispering after replaced by dealer.
It making strange whisper sound when the engine running
(car not moving yet). The dealer fixed saying replaced the filter.
To my unrstand ther is no filter to replace on Honda tranny in
normal maintenance.

Thanks

SoCalMike March 12th 05 09:41 PM

lcmon wrote:
> Is there a filter in this auto tranny ? Where about?
> Just for my curiosity.

from what i understand, its a mesh filter inside the guts of the tranny,
and requires a total rebuild to clean.

Ken March 13th 05 04:40 PM

No serviceable filter, only a magnetic drain plug that should be cleaned
when changing the fluid. Make sure the dealer used the Honda trans fluid.

Mista Bone March 15th 05 12:52 AM

No serviceable filter and the V6 Accords are under a slient recall,
1999-2003 esp.