AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Car towing charges (CA) (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67258)

John David Galt June 11th 06 09:53 PM

Car towing charges (CA)

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> There absolutely is something you can do about it: STOP PARKING
> ILLEGALLY!

Doesn't work in areas where car-hating Nazis have deliberately created
a parking shortage (San Francisco and any "smart growth" city), unless
you mean us to draw the conclusion "never visit those places". Which
is a good idea but not always practical.

Certainly I'm not about to bow to the Nazis' will by riding public
transport.

[email protected] June 11th 06 11:06 PM

Car towing charges (CA)

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty John David Galt
> addressed his adoring fans with these
immortal words:

>> wrote:
>>> This is something that really bothers me because it seems like tow
>>> companies regularly take advantage of people and there's not much we
>>> can do about it.

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> There absolutely is something you can do about it: STOP PARKING
>> ILLEGALLY!

>Doesn't work in areas where car-hating Nazis have deliberately created
>a parking shortage (San Francisco and any "smart growth" city), unless
>you mean us to draw the conclusion "never visit those places". Which
>is a good idea but not always practical.
>
>Certainly I'm not about to bow to the Nazis' will by riding public
>transport.

also Scott neglected the fact that tow trucks are also used for
accidents, not just parking enforcement. And many of them take
advantage of an already stressful situation by overcharging or not
clearly stating the total charges involved.

Mike T. June 12th 06 04:02 PM

Car towing charges (CA)

>>Doesn't work in areas where car-hating Nazis have deliberately created
>>a parking shortage (San Francisco and any "smart growth" city), unless
>>you mean us to draw the conclusion "never visit those places". Which
>>is a good idea but not always practical.
>>
>>Certainly I'm not about to bow to the Nazis' will by riding public
>>transport.

> You'd rather have your car towed and pay ridiculous impound charges
> than ride the BART?

Most people would rather sleep in the iron maiden than ride the BART, but
that point just escapes you somehow. :) -Dave

June 12th 06 11:32 PM

Car towing charges (CA)

In article
ews.net>,
says...
> >>Doesn't work in areas where car-hating Nazis have deliberately created
> >>a parking shortage (San Francisco and any "smart growth" city), unless
> >>you mean us to draw the conclusion "never visit those places". Which
> >>is a good idea but not always practical.
> >>
> >>Certainly I'm not about to bow to the Nazis' will by riding public
> >>transport.

> > You'd rather have your car towed and pay ridiculous impound charges
> > than ride the BART?

> Most people would rather sleep in the iron maiden than ride the BART, but
> that point just escapes you somehow. :) -Dave

BART is cool. It is the regular Muni (especially in the subway
downtown at evening rush hour) that are obnoxious cattle-cars.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/