AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HELP W/ CHECK GAUGE LIGHT (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38926)

erin July 18th 05 08:43 PM

HELP W/ CHECK GAUGE LIGHT

MY CHECK GAUGE LIGHT CAME ON AND THE TEMPATURE ARROW IS IN THE RED,
BUT THE COOLANT LEVEL IS FULL. WHAT ELSE COULD BE CAUSING THIS AND IS
IT EASY TO DO YOURSELF? IT IS A 99 FORD EXPLORER XLT

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Explo...ict129550.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=631388

Happy Traveler August 15th 05 04:51 AM

Your engine is overheating. The first thing to try is changing the
thermostat - they are very cheap and easy to deal with. If that does not
help, it's probably time for you to visit the radiator shop.
Seems that you are new here. Next time please don't type in all capitals.
It's considered impolite. Thanks!

To Arms!! August 15th 05 07:45 AM

"Happy Traveler" > wrote in message
> Your engine is overheating. The first thing to try is changing the
> thermostat - they are very cheap and easy to deal with. If that does
> not
> help, it's probably time for you to visit the radiator shop.
> Seems that you are new here. Next time please don't type in all
> capitals.
> It's considered impolite. Thanks!

Note: On my 96 V8 engine, the hose between the thermostat housing and
the water pump is a "special" Ford designed hose. It is a different
size at each end of the hose.