AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   AX-15 Capacity (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38584)

Will Honea July 19th 05 08:43 AM

AX-15 Capacity

What's the oil capacity of the AX15 tranny? Time to make a mess
again...

--
Will Honea

rjmax July 19th 05 02:40 PM

I just ordered som Red Line MT from Summit Racing. It was the cheapest
I could find. I haven't put it in yet but I hear and have read that it
is really good. Here is a link to some Red Line MT-90.

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Will Honea July 19th 05 09:00 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:40:15 UTC "rjmax" > wrote:

> I just ordered som Red Line MT from Summit Racing. It was the cheapest
> I could find. I haven't put it in yet but I hear and have read that it
> is really good. Here is a link to some Red Line MT-90.
>
> http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Thanks, guys. I found the Redline MT90 at a local speed shop, but
couldn't remember the amount I needed and the manuals I have are no
help - I swapped the AX15 in for the old BA10/5.

Now to see how much of a mess I can make changing 2 diffs, the tranny,
the tc, and the engine all at once. The initial question was to find
out if my catch pan was big enough to keep from having the last quart
or two run all over the floor <g>.

--
Will Honea

J Strickland July 20th 05 06:57 PM

Fill it until it's full.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 20th 05 09:03 PM

http://www.billhughes.com/AX15lube.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Will Honea July 21st 05 02:38 AM

Yep, but...

1. how much do I need to buy?
2. how much is gonna come out when draining to overflow my catch pan
all over the floor?

Experience is such a great teacher!

--
Will Honea

Will Honea July 21st 05 02:53 AM

Bookmarked - thanks, Bill. Interesting that this calls for GL5 while
everyone else is saying GL3 because of the brass synchros in the AX15.
Think I'll stick to Redline MT90, even if I do have to drive across
town to get it from the speed shop.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:03:07 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

--
Will Honea

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 21st 05 02:59 AM

Just to make sure what is it you're working on, the page was for a
'97 TJ.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Will Honea July 21st 05 09:01 AM

An AX15 is an AX15. Mine was from a 94 YJ. I've checked parts and
there are no year-toyear models ranges for those things.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:59:00 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Earle Horton July 21st 05 03:48 PM

I got a gallon out of my AX-5. I couldn't believe it, for such a small
transmission.

Earle