AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A new milestone! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36175)

TeGGeR® June 22nd 05 05:18 AM

A new milestone!

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/400000.0.jpg
Rolled over today.

Too bad that's just 248,555 in miles. Metric looks more impressive because
kilometers are smaller.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

yahmed June 22nd 05 02:26 PM

Congrats...

Is it manual or AT?

TeGGeR® June 22nd 05 02:59 PM

"yahmed" > wrote in
oups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/400000.0.jpg
>> Rolled over today.
>>
>> Too bad that's just 248,555 in miles. Metric looks more impressive
>> because kilometers are smaller.
>>

> Congrats...
>
> Is it manual or AT?

Manual.

Original clutch, too.

Tranny bearings are getting slightly noisy, but should still be good for
another couple of years, according to my mechanic.

Howard Lester June 22nd 05 03:49 PM

"TeGGeR®" wrote

> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/400000.0.jpg
> Rolled over today.
>
> Too bad that's just 248,555 in miles. Metric looks more impressive because
> kilometers are smaller.

I don't know if I should congratulate you, or call you a cheapskate for not
buying a new one. ;) I suppose I'll choose the former, thanking you for
delaying an addition to the landfills.

[email protected] June 22nd 05 06:49 PM

Congratulations! I wish Honda would also give some sticker or badge for
every 100,000 miles or so under the belt beyond 200,000 miles. Heard
that Mercerdes-Benz is going to give a grille badge to everyone who
manages to log over 155,000 miles?
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...tage/index.jsp

Sparky Spartacus June 22nd 05 08:44 PM

Howard Lester wrote:

> "TeGGeR®" wrote
>

>>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/400000.0.jpg
>>Rolled over today.
>>
>>Too bad that's just 248,555 in miles. Metric looks more impressive because
>>kilometers are smaller.

> I don't know if I should congratulate you, or call you a cheapskate for not
> buying a new one.

Right, TeGGeR's in Canada, where it's okay to maintain & keep things.
He'd be a traitor in the US for not doing his bit to support the economy.

;)

Howard Lester June 22nd 05 11:48 PM

"Sparky Spartacus" wrote > > I don't know if I should congratulate you,
or call you a cheapskate for not
> > buying a new one.

> Right, TeGGeR's in Canada, where it's okay to maintain & keep things.
> He'd be a traitor in the US for not doing his bit to support the economy.
>
> ;)

One thing we know: TeGGeR's a good, helpful man, so he has to know we're
teasing him in good fun.

TeGGeR® June 23rd 05 12:33 AM

Sparky Spartacus > wrote in
:

> Howard Lester wrote:
>
>> "TeGGeR®" wrote
>>

>>>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/400000.0.jpg
>>>Rolled over today.
>>>
>>>Too bad that's just 248,555 in miles. Metric looks more impressive
>>>because kilometers are smaller.

>> I don't know if I should congratulate you, or call you a cheapskate
>> for not buying a new one.

> Right, TeGGeR's in Canada, where it's okay to maintain & keep things.
> He'd be a traitor in the US for not doing his bit to support the
> economy.
>
> ;)

Actually, if I keep it past 19 model years, I will be rewarded for
maintaining and keeping the car: It will thereafter be exempt from
emissions testing. Yay!

As for supporting the economy, it's not a lot cheaper the way I do it. I
spend at least $50-100 per month maintaining it.

TeGGeR® June 23rd 05 12:34 AM

"Howard Lester" > wrote in
:

> "Sparky Spartacus" wrote > > I don't know if I should congratulate
> you, or call you a cheapskate for not
>> > buying a new one.

>> Right, TeGGeR's in Canada, where it's okay to maintain & keep things.
>> He'd be a traitor in the US for not doing his bit to support the
>> economy.
>>
>> ;)

> One thing we know: TeGGeR's a good, helpful man, so he has to know
> we're teasing him in good fun.

Ohhhhh. I guess I'd better call Luigi and tell him not to bother with the
contract...

yahmed June 23rd 05 03:07 AM

So you are in Canada. Are you in or near Toronto? If yes, may I ask
which mechanic you go to? I am looking for a good one here.

Thanks.