AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to align Camshaft Position Sensor? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=18117)

[email protected] January 5th 05 04:01 PM

How to align Camshaft Position Sensor?

Is there any way to properly align the camshaft position sensor in a
4.2L V6 (from a 1997 F-150) without having to go out and spend $60 to
$100 for a "synchro positioning tool" ???

I hate to spend that kind of money on a tool that I might never need
again.

TIA, john w.

Me January 6th 05 02:47 AM

On 5 Jan 2005 07:01:00 -0800, wrote:

>Is there any way to properly align the camshaft position sensor in a
>4.2L V6 (from a 1997 F-150) without having to go out and spend $60 to
>$100 for a "synchro positioning tool" ???
>
>I hate to spend that kind of money on a tool that I might never need
>again.
>
>TIA, john w.

Not exactly mandatory, but it make it easy to do it on the first shot. =20

You can get a set of the tools for about $60 at
http://www.thetoolnetwork.com/cam_sy..._set_ford.html

It's worth it for the aggravation it saves.

Steve W. January 6th 05 05:07 AM

Try the local auto zone, they have a tool loan deal. You "buy" the tool
from them (at full price) then when you return it you get the money
back.
Works nice for those one-off times you need them.

--
Steve Williams

oups.com...