AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brake Dust Shields (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7198)

Tim & Maureen Harris November 27th 03 11:45 AM

Brake Dust Shields

Anyone use Kleenl Wheels Brake Dust Shields? I recently bought a 93
Caddy and the white walls and hub casp are frequently coated. How about

low dust brake pads- are they worth it? Do they work? Should I buy
both?

Hedda December 10th 03 02:34 AM

"Tim & Maureen Harris" > wrote in message
> Anyone use Kleenl Wheels Brake Dust Shields? I recently bought a 93
> Caddy and the white walls and hub casp are frequently coated. How about
>
> low dust brake pads- are they worth it? Do they work? Should I buy
> both?

i used to work at a parts store and 4 yrs ago and people said that putting
dustsheilds could affect the warranty of your car because the excess heat
caused by the shield would cause the brakes not to work correctly....however
i was on a site the other day (darn i wish i could remember) anyway
apparently the new shields are warranty friendly so the must have come a
long way.... i personally would use the new ones with the vents...as far as
the low dust pads ? i don't know a thing about their effectiveness... good
luck
if all else fails eagle 1 wheel cleaner A-Z and a nice wheel brush works
great :-)
Ace