AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   mazda mx3 shudder (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17896)

marina December 16th 04 12:57 AM

mazda mx3 shudder

I have a '93 Mazda MX3 that shudders when idling; it doesnt seem to
affect performance, but I wonder if this is a common condition, and if
anything can be done about it. I took it to a mechanic and he replaced
the motor mounts, which didnt help at all, but cost alot.
Thanks,
Marina

Chopface December 16th 04 03:12 AM

marina wrote:
> I have a '93 Mazda MX3 that shudders when idling; it doesnt seem to
> affect performance, but I wonder if this is a common condition, and if
> anything can be done about it. I took it to a mechanic and he replaced
> the motor mounts, which didnt help at all, but cost alot.
> Thanks,
> Marina

Ask the mechanic if he tourqued the mounts to Mazda's specification, and
in the correct sequence. This can make a really big difference on some cars.

Mark