AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Highlights of my Recent Road Trip (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69183)

jgar the jorrible July 7th 06 11:01 PM

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> * The twisty mountainous section of CA-152 between CA-1 and US-101,
> made all the more enjoyable by the lack of pussified Sloths in front
> of me. It would have been better if I had been in my Corvette instead
> of a fully-loaded pickup truck, but it was a stimulating drive
> nonetheless. :)

I did drive my ZR1 from 101 to 1 on 152 in the early 90's (after
spending the night in a cheapo motel in Morro Bay so I could get a nice
early start on 1... just outside of town, sign says 1 is closed...).
Got stuck behind a slow moving truck. Finally found a place to pass,
as soon as I did got a ticket while slowing down after the pass.
#@$%^#$ overeager cop!

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.neatorama.com/

jgar the jorrible July 12th 06 01:05 AM

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2006 15:01:40 -0700, "jgar the jorrible"
> > wrote:
>
> >I did drive my ZR1 from 101 to 1 on 152 in the early 90's

> Do you still have it?

I wish. Between all of life's vicissitudes, I felt I had to sell it at
the end of 1997. If I would have kept it another six months (when a
bogus lawsuit against me finally fell apart after 5 years), I probably
could have afforded to keep it. Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Usually I joke as though I traded it in for a minivan because the kids
carseat wouldn't fit in the back anymore, though.

Those C6's are lookin' real good, soon there will be many lease
returns...

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.