AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fuel saver bull or what (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73015)

Lez Pawl August 24th 06 05:26 AM

Fuel saver bull or what

ebay item 150026104346

NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
fortune out of these.

Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.

One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.

dj

Steve68s[_1_] August 24th 06 11:57 AM

Fuel saver bull or what

"Lez Pawl" > wrote in message
> ebay item 150026104346
>
> NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
> fortune out of these.
>
> Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.
>
> One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
> would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.
>
> dj

If they could save you upto 28% on your fuel consumption every motor
manufacturer would be fitting them, now if someone buys one & is £20 lighter
in their pocket, they are probably un willing to admit they have been
conned,

Steve.

daytripper August 24th 06 02:31 PM

Fuel saver bull or what

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:26:50 +0100, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:

>ebay item 150026104346
>
>NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
>fortune out of these.
>
>Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.
>
>One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
>would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.
>
>dj

There's no lack of nitwits with money in their pockets.

I especially liked the 1000km "settling in period". ahahahahahahahahahaha!

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd

Dano58 August 24th 06 02:33 PM

Fuel saver bull or what

Lez Pawl wrote:
> ebay item 150026104346
>
> NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
> fortune out of these.
>
> Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.
>
> One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
> would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.

No, they don't. See
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/gasave.htm

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Lez Pawl August 24th 06 09:07 PM

Fuel saver bull or what

"Steve68s" <steve68s(remove this > wrote in message
> "Lez Pawl" > wrote in message
>> ebay item 150026104346
>>
>> NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
>> fortune out of these.
>>
>> Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.
>>
>> One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
>> would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.
>>
>> dj
>>

> If they could save you upto 28% on your fuel consumption every motor
> manufacturer would be fitting them, now if someone buys one & is £20
> lighter in their pocket, they are probably un willing to admit they have
> been conned,
>
> Steve.

if I fit 4 inline (112%) they should produce fuel................am I onto
something.

daytripper August 24th 06 11:12 PM

Fuel saver bull or what

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:07:31 +0100, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:

>"Steve68s" <steve68s(remove this > wrote in message
>> "Lez Pawl" > wrote in message
>>> ebay item 150026104346
>>>
>>> NO I am not the seller but just curious as seller seems to be making a
>>> fortune out of these.
>>>
>>> Do they work...........or not...........or is it just in the mind.
>>>
>>> One buyer gave feedback almost immediately stating "they work". To me it
>>> would take a few tank fills before any assumption could be made.
>>>
>>> dj
>>>

>> If they could save you upto 28% on your fuel consumption every motor
>> manufacturer would be fitting them, now if someone buys one & is £20
>> lighter in their pocket, they are probably un willing to admit they have
>> been conned,
>>
>> Steve.
>>

>if I fit 4 inline (112%) they should produce fuel................am I onto
>something.

Yeah - crack! ;-)