AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Poor gas mileage (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4804)

BRIAN October 11th 04 06:57 PM

Poor gas mileage

I have a 2000 stratus with 2.4 dohc motor.When i first got the car it
was getting great mpg.Now a few years later it hasnt been so great . I
changed the spark plags twice and it didnt help.Also had gas filter
changed and tried different octanes of gas which didnt help.Could it be
an oxygen sensor problem.If so how many does my car have and are they
still covered by dodge.Never had any codes pop up for problems with
sensors or any thing else.

Dan Fraser October 12th 04 06:55 AM

Putting a new fuel pressure regulator in my 2.5 increased my gas mileage by
33%.

Dan Fraser October 12th 04 06:55 AM