AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   1985 Dodge 600 looses power and dies (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=27023)

pocketparts March 15th 05 03:49 AM

1985 Dodge 600 looses power and dies

Previous to mechanic work that was suppose to solve the problem my dodge
would die unless the air conditioner was on and now it dies when the air
conditioner is on. Have had several mechanics work on carb and it runs
okay for a short time and then starts dying again. Can be driving down
the road and it will all of a sudden die; sometimes when you take off it
will die. Any ideas out there?

Dan C March 15th 05 05:06 AM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:49:06 -0500, pocketparts wrote:

> Previous to mechanic work that was suppose to solve the problem my dodge
> would die unless the air conditioner was on and now it dies when the air
> conditioner is on. Have had several mechanics work on carb and it runs
> okay for a short time and then starts dying again. Can be driving down
> the road and it will all of a sudden die; sometimes when you take off it
> will die. Any ideas out there?

Yeah. It's 20 years old and should be retired. Sheesh.

Linux Registered User #327951

cavedweller March 15th 05 02:01 PM

"Dan C" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:49:06 -0500, pocketparts wrote:
>
> > Previous to mechanic work that was suppose to solve the

problem my dodge
> > would die unless the air conditioner was on and now it dies

when the air
> > conditioner is on. Have had several mechanics work on carb

and it runs
> > okay for a short time and then starts dying again. Can be

driving down
> > the road and it will all of a sudden die; sometimes when you

take off it
> > will die. Any ideas out there?

> Yeah. It's 20 years old and should be retired. Sheesh.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

How helpful..........

pocketparts July 31st 05 10:39 PM

how do you find out the code to turn off the engine symbol when vehicle
hits 120,000 miles.

pocketparts July 31st 05 10:42 PM

Tell that to the Hot August Night fans and see what happens to your ride.

pocketparts July 31st 05 10:43 PM

Tell that to the Hot August Night fans and see what happens to your ride.

maxpower July 31st 05 11:05 PM

lkaboutautos.com...

?

Larry Crites August 1st 05 02:23 AM

I give up. How? (Maybe ask someone on a Mazda group?)

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

LouieHow August 1st 05 06:52 AM

pocketparts wrote:

> how do you find out the code to turn off the engine symbol when vehicle
> hits 120,000 miles.

Code .44 works good.

This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it
can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question:
Do I REALLY want to turn off the engine symbol this way?