AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cheap Scan tool to read all codes? HELP, please. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=35827)

[email protected] June 18th 05 01:42 PM

Cheap Scan tool to read all codes? HELP, please.

Hi,
Am having trouble with car, can't afford dealership or repair shop yet.
But I do have the Saturn factory repair manuals.

This is a 98 Saturn SL2, automatic.

What is the best tool for reading all the Saturn specific codes,
including OBDII of course.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Dermott

blahblah June 19th 05 03:46 AM

In article .com>,
says...
> Hi,
> Am having trouble with car, can't afford dealership or repair shop yet.
> But I do have the Saturn factory repair manuals.
>
> This is a 98 Saturn SL2, automatic.
>
> What is the best tool for reading all the Saturn specific codes,
> including OBDII of course.
>
> I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Dermott

You can get your codes read for free if there is a Autozone near you. If
you dont know what the code is you can then ask us. All OBDII codes that
start off P0--- are generic OBDII codes.

Blind Driver July 7th 05 02:19 AM

I just got a Digimoto Scanner and software for $93 + shipping. They also
have it for the Pocket PC and are working on a Palm vesion. Goto
http://www.digimoto.com/ to see products, FAQ, and demos.

Michal July 8th 05 01:58 AM

I got a scan tool on EBay same as this for about $40
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=43989
It works perfecly. It can also erase all trouble codes and ckeck engine
light.
Good befoe going for inspection - Just drive about 50 miles to warm up the
motor and burn all
deposits fom mufler. Then clear all codes and you pass the inspection.

Oppie July 8th 05 01:57 PM

I saw this one from Harbor freight at $49 list. they sometimes have it on
special for $39. Looks like yours.
Product manual is he
http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...6999/46030.pdf
It's very basic and only reads the generic codes.

.. .