AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will GTR2 be multithreaded? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71454)

Cris Eichler August 4th 06 03:37 PM

Will GTR2 be multithreaded?

Hi all,

can anybody tell me wether GTR2 will be multithreaded in order to benefit
from Dual Core CPUs? I`m thinking anout an Upgrade to X2.....

TIA

Cris

the great gallooga August 8th 06 04:29 AM

Will GTR2 be multithreaded?

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:37:07 +0200,
Cris Eichler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can anybody tell me wether GTR2 will be multithreaded in order to benefit
> from Dual Core CPUs? I`m thinking anout an Upgrade to X2.....
>

> TIA
>
> Cris

yes, it will use starfarce 1&2 at
the same time.

Jeff Reid August 8th 06 06:42 AM

Will GTR2 be multithreaded?

>> can anybody tell me wether GTR2 will be multithreaded in order to benefit
>> from Dual Core CPUs?

Almost all games are multi-threaded. This is why you have to turn
off hyperthreading / dual core cpu affinity on some games.

Marni August 8th 06 07:02 AM

Will GTR2 be multithreaded?

If you asked for a stupid answer...

Eden7c August 24th 06 04:25 AM

Will GTR2 be multithreaded?

Cris Eichler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can anybody tell me wether GTR2 will be multithreaded in order to benefit
> from Dual Core CPUs? I`m thinking anout an Upgrade to X2.....
>

> TIA
>
> Cris

To answer original question no it will not make use of the second core
but it is running on them.

And as a bonus there is no Starforce protection.

=[O-)]

:dDriver: