AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   89 Suburban Help..Thanks to all.. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=18114)

John January 4th 05 11:55 PM

89 Suburban Help..Thanks to all..

Hi..I posted earliar and was having trouble with my 89 Suburban.
Thanks to all who made suggestions and was patient with a new person who is
just learning..
It was the fuel filter.
Now it runs strong as it did before..
Again, thank you and great group..
John

Daniel J. Stern January 5th 05 12:52 AM

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, John wrote:

> Hi..I posted earliar and was having trouble with my 89 Suburban.
> Thanks to all who made suggestions and was patient with a new person who is
> just learning..
> It was the fuel filter.

Glad to hear it was a simple fix. You will want to attend to other
maintenance items that may have been neglected, as mentioned earlier in
this thread.

DS

Daniel J. Stern January 5th 05 12:52 AM

OBTW, Comboverfish: You were saying...?

Lawrence Glickman January 5th 05 01:22 AM

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:55:37 -0800, "John" > wrote:

>Hi..I posted earliar and was having trouble with my 89 Suburban.
>Thanks to all who made suggestions and was patient with a new person who is
>just learning..
>It was the fuel filter.
>Now it runs strong as it did before..
>Again, thank you and great group..
>John

Congratulations ;)

I love happy endings.

Lg

Comboverfish January 5th 05 02:32 AM

>OBTW, Comboverfish: You were saying...?

Thanks for remembering, Dan!

I'm glad it worked out for John. I really latched onto the "jerking"
complaint. Guess I ended up being the jerk. Oh well, I'd still
suggest a secondary problem next time a similar question arose if
that's all I had to go on, but with a more careful selection of words
and a revised order of magnitude. Sorry I caused a ruckus.
Happy motoring,

Toyota MDT in MO