AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A T4 swap into a T1 engine bay just got easier! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23048)

David Gravereaux February 2nd 05 11:22 AM

A T4 swap into a T1 engine bay just got easier!

http://www.type4store.com

Anthony February 2nd 05 03:30 PM

David Gravereaux wrote:
> http://www.type4store.com

Cool! Too bad my Beetle would probably twist in half with the torque
those things offer.

~Anthony

David Gravereaux February 2nd 05 07:11 PM

Anthony wrote:
> David Gravereaux wrote:
>
>>http://www.type4store.com

> Cool! Too bad my Beetle would probably twist in half with the torque
> those things offer.
>
> ~Anthony

You're not joking.. I've bent my frame horns. Use a Gene Berg GB643
intermediary tranny mount (http://www.geneberg.com/mountspg11.htm) and a
preload brace (http://www.csp-shop.de/technik/pdf/eng/20917.pdf) and
you'll be fine.

Don't forget a Quaife ATB differential, too, for excellent power slide
control ;)

Jan Andersson February 2nd 05 07:31 PM

David Gravereaux wrote:

> Anthony wrote:
> > David Gravereaux wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.type4store.com

> > Cool! Too bad my Beetle would probably twist in half with the torque
> > those things offer.
> >
> > ~Anthony
> >

> You're not joking.. I've bent my frame horns.

Me too.

> Use a Gene Berg GB643 intermediary tranny mount (http://www.geneberg.com/mountspg11.htm) and a
> preload brace (http://www.csp-shop.de/technik/pdf/eng/20917.pdf) and you'll be fine.

Yup.

> Don't forget a Quaife ATB differential, too, for excellent power slide
> control ;)

LOL...

Jan

P.J.Berg February 2nd 05 11:47 PM

Tweak wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>>
>> David Gravereaux wrote:

http://www.type4store.com

>> Cool! Too bad my Beetle would probably twist in half with the torque
>> those things offer.
>>
>> ~Anthony
>>

> Not to mention what it will do to your wallet.

What wallet? :o(

Anthony February 3rd 05 12:13 AM

P.J.Berg wrote:
> Tweak wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > says...
> >>
> >> David Gravereaux wrote:

http://www.type4store.com

> >> Cool! Too bad my Beetle would probably twist in half with the

torque
> >> those things offer.
> >>
> >> ~Anthony
> >>

> > Not to mention what it will do to your wallet.

> What wallet? :o(

My feelings exactly....

~Anthony

David Gravereaux February 3rd 05 05:57 AM

Anthony wrote:
> P.J.Berg wrote:
>
>>Tweak wrote:
>>
>>>In article . com>,
says...

>>>Not to mention what it will do to your wallet.

>>What wallet? :o(

> My feelings exactly....
>
> ~Anthony

Jake does cheaper engines than the race ones you're probably getting
sticker shock from.

P.J.Berg February 5th 05 06:23 AM

Tweak wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>> Anthony wrote:

says...

http://www.type4store.com

>>> My feelings exactly....
>>>
>>> ~Anthony

>> Jake does cheaper engines than the race ones you're probably getting
>> sticker shock from.
>>

> Got my sticker shock face to face.

So are you one of the lucky few?? :o)
To own one that is..

J.

Ps. Never have been in a realy fast/quick aircooled, the closest encounter
was my youngest cousins early 911 Turbo which was tweaked by a "reputable"
Norwegian firm/company, approved by a German Tuning house, claimed 375 at
the rear wheels...(Four speed tranny only, weird but very efficient..)

For the first time in my life I experienced acceleration faster than a
crouch rocket(rice burner two wheels..), actually felt like the seat was
going to give.. and I was few kilos lighter back then... Interesting to say
the least.

The fastest top speed I have done(On four wheels) was an old 944 early,
think it sported 163 or something, we did 237 Km/h with four people and the
front lights up, had to brake for a slower car changing lanes, this was
aproaching(SP?) Gøteborg(Gothenborg) in Sweden.

Ohhh, now I can only muster a 648SS and a ancient 230E(82) nice though...

Getting older physicly but not much on the inside, 40 and single... exept
for the dog that is..

Well, this was a lot of drivel, hope you did not fall asleep.

All the best.

Jørn.

David Gravereaux February 5th 05 07:16 AM

P.J.Berg February 5th 05 08:22 AM

David Gravereaux wrote:

Exellent!

Are you happy with the outcome vs. price?
Does it pull like you expected? What sort of tranny/axel setup are you
running? No problems with cv's yet?

Sorrrry about all the questions and lack of personal content, about to crash
here after a "Friday out"

Take care.

Jørn.