AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alarm wont disable (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69390)

[email protected] July 10th 06 03:28 PM

Alarm wont disable

My GTV alarm is on but won't switch off when I press the button on the
fob. The fob has a new battery and the car emits a small beep when I
press the button but nothing like the noise it makes when it used to
switch off.
I have all the original keys including the dark red box which comes
with the keys. Is there any way I can disable the alarm with the keys?

John, UK. July 17th 06 11:36 AM

Alarm wont disable

wrote:
> My GTV alarm is on but won't switch off when I press the button on the
> fob. The fob has a new battery and the car emits a small beep when I
> press the button but nothing like the noise it makes when it used to
> switch off.
> I have all the original keys including the dark red box which comes
> with the keys. Is there any way I can disable the alarm with the keys?

I'm sure I had an Alfa which had an alarm cut off switch in the boot
which was turned with the key, I think it may have been the 146. I may
be wrong as it is a while since I sold the car, but I'm sure someone
with a 146 could verify.
John, UK.

Bill Jackson July 17th 06 01:32 PM

Alarm wont disable

Hello John, You are right the alfa 146 has a unit in the boot which you can
switch off with a small key.

Bill Jackson.

John, UK. July 17th 06 09:58 PM

Alarm wont disable

Bill Jackson wrote:
> Hello John, You are right the alfa 146 has a unit in the boot which you can
> switch off with a small key.
>
> Bill Jackson.

Thanks Bill, I thought that was the case. Hope this helps Graham, and
good luck.
John,UK.

John, UK. July 17th 06 10:04 PM

Alarm wont disable

Bill Jackson wrote:
> Hello John, You are right the alfa 146 has a unit in the boot which you can
> switch off with a small key.
>
> Bill Jackson.

Thanks Bill, I thought that was the case, hope this helps with the GTV
Graham.
John,UK.

John, UK. July 17th 06 10:08 PM

Alarm wont disable

John, UK. wrote:
> Bill Jackson wrote:
> > Hello John, You are right the alfa 146 has a unit in the boot which you can
> > switch off with a small key.
> >
> > Bill Jackson.

> Thanks Bill, I thought that was the case, hope this helps with the GTV
> Graham.

> John,UK.

Sorry guys, too many buttons pressed.