AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   cattle (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23149)

Sam O'Nella February 3rd 05 04:53 PM

cattle

I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.

What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?

Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some space then
pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside me and
LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right beside
me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they obviously
weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.

It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to me.

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend February 3rd 05 06:44 PM

Sam O'Nella wrote:
> I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not

> referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>
> What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?
>
> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some

space then
> pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside

me and
> LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right

beside
> me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they

obviously
> weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.
>
> It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to

me.

I think you're making stuff up again. Things like that never happen to
me.

Garth Almgren February 3rd 05 07:27 PM

Around 2/3/2005 10:44 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Sam O'Nella wrote:
>
>>I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
>>referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>>

> Things like that never happen to me.

They do happen to you; you simply don't notice it because you don't
notice anything that isn't 10 feet in front of your bumper. You're one
of his aptly-described highway cattle.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity

[email protected] February 3rd 05 11:12 PM

You're too stupid to notice it if it did. I mean, you can't tell the
difference between "6" & "60"? What a moron you are.

Paul February 4th 05 12:20 AM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> You're too stupid to notice it if it did. I mean, you can't tell the
> difference between "6" & "60"? What a moron you are.

Or "41," and "25..."

--

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America, 10/3/2002
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

[email protected] February 4th 05 01:35 AM

I forgot about that one.

By the way, thanks for the link to that "classic" post; I've been
looking for it for a while. :-D

The Lindbergh Baby February 4th 05 03:08 AM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Things like that never happen to me.

Who the hell wants to go at 30 MPH next to a jalopy that's belching
smoke? (And I don't mean the car...)

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Sam O'Nella February 4th 05 04:25 AM

>> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some
>> space then pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left
>> lane beside me and LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles,
>> back and forth right beside me, until I got off at my exit.

> WTF did you allow that **** to go on for THIRTY MILES? Are you some
> kind of moron?!?!?!!?
>
> Let me guess: you've had at least one "accident" within the last year,
> haven't you?

Nope; no accidents in 25+ years.

Why did I allow this happen you ask?

A - we were pretty much the only ones on the road,
B - I'm not going to cancel my cruise control unless I really need to, and
C - I was really curious just how long this goofball was going to do this.

Believe me, I wasn't going to permit a dangerous situation to exist. It was
more entertaining than anything.

Arif Khokar February 4th 05 04:30 AM

Sam O'Nella wrote:

> Believe me, I wasn't going to permit a dangerous situation to exist.

It's all fun and games until the duckling is suprised by a tire
"carcass" in his lane.

Bill the second February 4th 05 04:12 PM

"Sam O'Nella" > wrote in message
>I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
>referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>
> What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?
>
> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some space
> then pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside
> me and LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right
> beside me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they
> obviously weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.
>
> It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to me.

You must have found Dave or "Unusual suspect"