AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CB Mounting on 2001 WJ (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=39010)

Mindy July 24th 05 10:32 PM

CB Mounting on 2001 WJ

looking for suggestions of mounting a CB in my grand cherokee, not only the
head unit but antenna placement also..have a nice Cobra unit with weather
channels for crossing Texas storm alerts, you need something out
here....thanks so much

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 24th 05 10:45 PM

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Billy Ray July 27th 05 12:59 AM

The best place for antenna performance will be right in the center of your
WJ's roof. That will give the best 'ground plane' effect.

If the radio installation is to be temporary then magnetic mounts are
available and you can run the coax out a window or door. If it is to be
permanent then it would work better actually mounted through the roof's
sheet metal.

Any truck CB or commercial radio shop can handle custom installation. You
can ask at any truck stop or your local fire department for recommendations.
The problem you may run into is where is there free space to mount it?

There are CB radios out there where the controls are all in the microphone
and you mount the working parts under the back seat or wherever is
convenient.