AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   02 Brake light switch revised? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67104)

HerkyJerky June 9th 06 02:46 AM

02 Brake light switch revised?

Can someone verify that the correct Ford replacement brake light switch
is 4L2Z-13480-AB? 2002 4x4 4.0 BTW. The reason I ask is the new one
looks completely different than the original, having a lot of metal
construction and a different electrical connector. There is a pigtail
in the box to solder onto the harness and replace the original
connector there. The original switch was mostly plastic and failed.
I'm just wondering if the guy gave me some kind of heavy duty version
or was the original simply revised.

Thanks.

Jim Warman June 9th 06 05:10 AM

02 Brake light switch revised?

I do know that the Taurus switch was revised and the platic switch replaced
with an older style looking switch. There should be a sheet of instructions
in the box, too...

oups.com...

HerkyJerky June 9th 06 12:56 PM

02 Brake light switch revised?

Thank you Jim. You are correct. In my hurry yesterday I didn't even
notice the multiple pages of instructions. They do specifically
mention 2002 Explorer so I guess this is the one. The switch does look
like an older one. It has a Motorcraft number of SW-6282.