AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need steering wheel (mine just stopped) (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38991)

Charles F. Castor Jr. July 24th 05 02:39 PM

Need steering wheel (mine just stopped)

I have or had a Act-labs wheel and I liked it alot but it stopped. I
have not opened it up yet to find what is wrong. But for now what are
the best or real good wheels and pedals.
Thanks

Rich8 July 24th 05 05:03 PM

I'm very happy with my Logitech Driving Force Pro..... Prior to that I
was using a TSW Mod 2 but after switching all my gaming to WinXP I had
major twitching issues.. So the TSW would have to be upgraded to USB
to work in XP.....

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:39:07 GMT, "Charles F. Castor Jr."

Rick Catton July 24th 05 05:13 PM

"Charles F. Castor Jr." > wrote in message
>I have or had a Act-labs wheel and I liked it alot but it stopped. I
> have not opened it up yet to find what is wrong. But for now what are
> the best or real good wheels and pedals.
> Thanks

I'm still happily using my Logitech Wingman FF - available fairly regularly
on Ebay. Most other current reviews seem to point towards the Logitech
Driving Force Pro. This is a PS wheel with USB connection, but has had a lot
of good feedback when hooked up to a PC from most quarters.

Cheers

Rick.

reggie white July 24th 05 07:00 PM

Charles F. Castor Jr. wrote:
> I have or had a Act-labs wheel and I liked it alot but it stopped. I
> have not opened it up yet to find what is wrong. But for now what are
> the best or real good wheels and pedals.
> Thanks

look for a momo force on ebay

Mark July 24th 05 11:26 PM

My TSW Formula 12c works fine in WinXP set up for combined mode (sw up)
with the clutch cable (RCA) unplugged. I had the twitching problems in XP
in split mode. It's worked great for 5 years so far.

Mark July 24th 05 11:26 PM

Check out http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/