AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GTR - Can't load Spa (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26678)

Sean Black March 11th 05 09:04 AM

GTR - Can't load Spa

Got GTR yesterday, haven't really had a chance to drive it much yet.

Tried out a few of the tracks, all worked fine until I tried to load the
Spa 24hr. The loading bar gets to around 90% and then it crashes to the
desktop. This is on semi-pro, race weekend.

I've also tried it with the dusk/night Spa special events with the same
result. As I said all the other tracks that I've tried seemed to work
OK.

Anyone else seen anything similar to this?
--
Sean Black

Uwe Schürkamp March 11th 05 09:52 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:04:23 +0000, Sean Black wrote:
> Got GTR yesterday, haven't really had a chance to drive it much yet.
>
> Tried out a few of the tracks, all worked fine until I tried to load the
> Spa 24hr. The loading bar gets to around 90% and then it crashes to the
> desktop. This is on semi-pro, race weekend.

Spa works fine here and always has worked, but have you patched to
1.3.0 already?

Cheers,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Sean Black March 11th 05 01:23 PM

In article >, Uwe Schürkamp
> writes
>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:04:23 +0000, Sean Black wrote:
>> Got GTR yesterday, haven't really had a chance to drive it much yet.
>>
>> Tried out a few of the tracks, all worked fine until I tried to load the
>> Spa 24hr. The loading bar gets to around 90% and then it crashes to the
>> desktop. This is on semi-pro, race weekend.

>Spa works fine here and always has worked, but have you patched to
>1.3.0 already?

It's the UK retail version, so it's 1.3.0 straight out of the box.

After several failed attempts, probably 7 or 8, with 2 or 3 reboots in
there somewhere too, I then tried running it on the highest level,
simulation? It loaded and ran ok, so I then tried again at semi-pro and
it worked, very odd!

I didn't have time to try things further, so I will give it another go
in semi-pro from start-up and see what happens.
--
Sean Black