AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Saw a sad sight today (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23028)

Charles Fregeau February 2nd 05 01:30 AM

Saw a sad sight today

At a junkyard near the Mile 312 exit on the 57, I saw a sad little Beetle.
Looked like it was somewhat the worse for wear and it was a post-70 model.
Lots of rust. Didn't get a good look at it.

Charles of Kankakee

jjs February 2nd 05 01:43 AM

"Charles Fregeau" > wrote in message
> At a junkyard near the Mile 312 exit on the 57, I saw a sad little Beetle.
> Looked like it was somewhat the worse for wear and it was a post-70 model.
> Lots of rust. Didn't get a good look at it.

Ah hell, it's a new Bug. Let 'em all rot to hell. 1970 was like yesterday;
reminds me I otta clean the fridge.

Ben Boyle February 2nd 05 01:47 AM

No car that is 35 years old is "new"
Since if memory serves your Beetle is a '72, I say let it rot to hell too.

jjs February 2nd 05 01:57 AM

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> No car that is 35 years old is "new"

It's relative.