AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   65-66 Fastback glass (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21202)

Jeffrey Davison November 15th 04 08:25 PM

65-66 Fastback glass

Does anyone here know if there is replacement rear fastback glass or the
door windows are available?

Thanks!

Jeff Davison

nospam November 16th 04 12:28 AM

The only thing I've found that's reproduction for that era is the
windshield. At least that was the case for 71-72's I may be wrong about
65-66.

I found perfect door glass and rear fastback glass for my '72 mach 1 on ebay
for a VERY good price.
-Dave

me November 16th 04 01:23 AM

Hi Jeff,

I have two mint doors for my coupe that have fastback glass in them.

Make and offer and I'll work on taking them out. They are pristine as
far as I recall.

E-mail me through the web site link below [navigate to main page].

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cylinder coupe, blue interior [07.85 to present]
http://www.inhouseproductions.on.ca/Mustang.jpg
'96 Forest green GT coupe, grey interior [04.96 to 04.00]
'88 medium blue 5.0LX hatchback, grey interior [93-04.96]
'80 white hatchback, red interior [91-93]
My other car is a Ford - '04 Escape, 6 cylinder, silver, grey cloth -
LOVE IT - it's my second Escape.

In article >, Jeffrey Davison

David E Willson November 16th 04 02:30 AM

As far as I know, other than Lexa, which, at least around here (CA) is
illegal for street use, there is no production of after market rear
glass. Go to Hemmings.com and do a search for 65/66 Mustang. Ads are
interspersed in the listings for sources of hard to find parts. Might
also check (do a google) Tom Schmidt's Mustang page and follow the
links for parts. You might also check with a good local windshield
business. If a source does exist for aftermarket production, they's
very likely know.

One day, hopefully NOT, I may be faced with the same problem.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:25:58 -0500, Jeffrey Davison
> wrote:

>Does anyone here know if there is replacement rear fastback glass or the
>door windows are available?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jeff Davison

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Jeffrey Davison November 16th 04 02:35 AM

Andrew,

Thanks for your offer. I found a mint set of door glass locally. Now
just need a Fastback rear glass. Hopefully I can find that in new or
mint condition.

Jeff

John Del November 16th 04 01:51 PM

>Subject: 65-66 Fastback glass
>From: Jeffrey Davison
>Date: 11/15/04 8:35 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Andrew,
>
>Thanks for your offer. I found a mint set of door glass locally. Now
>just need a Fastback rear glass. Hopefully I can find that in new or
>mint condition.
>
>Jeff

Jeff, there is indeed a company that makes a new rear glass for the 65\66
fastback, but I can't find the link. I searched on the VMF, but their search
engine sucks big time, but I know I've seen it there several times. Try :
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/fo...arch.php?Cat=0 Good luck

John
66 2+2

DellDude November 17th 04 02:27 PM

Jeff,

Contact these people they advertise in Hemmings and supposedly are making
the back glass:

http://www.autocityclassic.com/

Then also try he

http://www.mustangokla.com/

There are also some junkyard in AZ that specialize Mustang parts. I have an
extra, but it will not be available until I get the car done in a few years
and assuming I do not break the first one.

Good luck.

David E Willson November 17th 04 09:48 PM

Hey, Thanks! Personally, I found it hard to believe that with the
popularity of the fastbacks, that nobody was producing the rear glass,
yet you could easily get new front glass.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:27:16 -0500, "DellDude"

ford_george November 18th 04 01:17 PM

How much do you want for the door glass?