AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   coolant (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71421)

Julian87 August 4th 06 05:40 AM

coolant

I have a '98 dodge stratus. Recently I added in new coolant, but when
driving in hot weather ( I live in Miami, FL) and heavy city traffic,
the temperature gauge goes up (not all the way). But when driving in an
expressway it goes back to normal.This car has NO leaks Any ideas?
e-mail response to

maxpower August 4th 06 10:06 AM

coolant

"Julian87" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a '98 dodge stratus. Recently I added in new coolant, but when
> driving in hot weather ( I live in Miami, FL) and heavy city traffic,
> the temperature gauge goes up (not all the way). But when driving in an
> expressway it goes back to normal.This car has NO leaks Any ideas?
> e-mail response to

You need to see if the radiator fan is turning on when the temp goes high.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Bill Putney August 4th 06 11:02 AM

coolant

maxpower wrote:

> "Julian87" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>I have a '98 dodge stratus. Recently I added in new coolant, but when
>>driving in hot weather ( I live in Miami, FL) and heavy city traffic,
>>the temperature gauge goes up (not all the way). But when driving in an
>>expressway it goes back to normal.This car has NO leaks Any ideas?
>>e-mail response to
>>

> You need to see if the radiator fan is turning on when the temp goes high.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

What Glenn said.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Ralph Shapiro August 4th 06 03:43 PM

coolant

I had a similar problem. No apparent leak, ran hot, everything was working
correctly.
Radiator cap fixed it.
ups.com...