AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   92 Civic DX starting problem at fill-up... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67962)

Akili June 21st 06 02:27 AM

92 Civic DX starting problem at fill-up...

Hello,

My car sometimes has problems starting after stopping at a gas station
to fill up the tank. It is running fine when I pull into the station,
but after filling up it the enginge will turn, but it will not catch.
Usually I just have to wait about 5 to 10 minutes and the car will
start like there was no problem.

It seems to happen most frequently wait too long to fill up (indicator
is near or past E), and it also seems to happen more when the weather
is hot -- but this is just conjecture.

Also, I bought the car in 2000 from an owner who left the car sitting
in his driveway for almost 2 years without driving it. The previous
owner bought a new transmission, timing belt, and distributer before
selling it to me. I have replaced the spark plugs, feul injectors, and
feul filter myself. I also had a new computer installed for a seperate
problem with the car. I don't know if the previous owner had the same
problem with the car.

Is there anybody out there who has heard of a problem like this???
Could it be a problem with the main relay like others have had with
civics? Maybe it is a problem in the feul tank or feul line?

jim beam June 21st 06 02:35 AM

Akili wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My car sometimes has problems starting after stopping at a gas station
> to fill up the tank. It is running fine when I pull into the station,
> but after filling up it the enginge will turn, but it will not catch.
> Usually I just have to wait about 5 to 10 minutes and the car will
> start like there was no problem.

<snip>
i guess it's summer!

High Tech Misfit June 21st 06 02:49 AM

Akili wrote:

> Is there anybody out there who has heard of a problem like this???
> Could it be a problem with the main relay like others have had with
> civics? Maybe it is a problem in the feul tank or feul line?

It definitely sounds like the main relay.

TeGGeR® June 21st 06 02:52 AM

92 Civic DX starting problem at fill-up...

jim beam > wrote in
t:

> Akili wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My car sometimes has problems starting after stopping at a gas station
>> to fill up the tank. It is running fine when I pull into the station,
>> but after filling up it the enginge will turn, but it will not catch.
>> Usually I just have to wait about 5 to 10 minutes and the car will
>> start like there was no problem.

> <snip>
>

> i guess it's summer!

Guess you're right. The Main Relay problems are back, right on schedule!

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#startrun
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...html#mainrelay

--
TeGGeR®