AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   need haynes manual (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5040)

Tanya November 19th 04 09:14 AM

need haynes manual

hi
(x-posted)
i need a haynes manual for the following:
mitsubishi / dodge / plymouth / chrysler (same car) 1989 colt (model
200) (?2000 series)
it has a 1.5 l engine; 4 cylinders; mpi; automatic transmission; 4 door;

fairly urgent
PLEASE ADVISE!
thanks in advance!

Matt Whiting November 19th 04 12:31 PM

Tanya wrote:

> hi
> (x-posted)
> i need a haynes manual for the following:
> mitsubishi / dodge / plymouth / chrysler (same car) 1989 colt (model
> 200) (?2000 series)
> it has a 1.5 l engine; 4 cylinders; mpi; automatic transmission; 4 door;
>
> fairly urgent
> PLEASE ADVISE!
> thanks in advance!

Nobody needs a Haynes manual. You are much better off buying a factory
manual, used if need be to save cost.

Matt

Matt Whiting November 19th 04 12:31 PM

Joe Pfeiffer November 19th 04 03:40 PM

Tanya > writes:

> hi
> (x-posted)
> i need a haynes manual for the following:
> mitsubishi / dodge / plymouth / chrysler (same car) 1989 colt (model
> 200) (?2000 series)
> it has a 1.5 l engine; 4 cylinders; mpi; automatic transmission; 4 door;

No, you don't need a Haynes manual. You need a factory service
manual.

Joe Pfeiffer November 19th 04 03:40 PM

Mike Behnke November 19th 04 03:51 PM

Tanya wrote:
> hi
> (x-posted)
> i need a haynes manual for the following:
> mitsubishi / dodge / plymouth / chrysler (same car) 1989 colt (model
> 200) (?2000 series)
> it has a 1.5 l engine; 4 cylinders; mpi; automatic transmission; 4 door;
>
> fairly urgent
> PLEASE ADVISE!
> thanks in advance!

The only thing a Haynes manual (or Chilton for that matter) is good for
is for wiping your hands off after your completed the job correctly when
using the Factory Service Manual.

Yes, more expensive, but worth the cost, as both Haynes and Chilton
are chock full off errors and incomplete directions.

Mike Behnke November 19th 04 03:51 PM

Daniel J. Stern November 19th 04 05:43 PM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Tanya wrote:

> i need a haynes manual for the following:

No, you don't need a Haynes manual for the following. You need a FACTORY
service manual for the following. Haynes manuals are worse than worthless.

This should be included with every Haynes manual sold:

http://u225.torque.net/haynes_instructions.html

Daniel J. Stern November 19th 04 05:43 PM

Tanya November 19th 04 06:31 PM

Tanya wrote:

> hi
> (x-posted)
> i need a haynes manual for the following:
> mitsubishi / dodge / plymouth / chrysler (same car) 1989 colt (model
> 200) (?2000 series)

<snip>
thank you (Matt, Joe, Mike, and Daniel (also for the link on the
instructions:)) ...
i get the picture.
i have the fsm -- i need something simpler (that explains more simply) as an
adjunct to the fsm.
(please do NOT tell me i should not be working on a car if i cannot
understand the fsm or similar:)
any suggestions (relating to a book) would be very much appreciated
thanks in advance!