AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you report bad driving to that number? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71598)

[email protected] August 6th 06 08:41 AM

Do you report bad driving to that number?

I always write the information down and them know i am reporting them .

Arif Khokar August 6th 06 06:17 PM

wrote:
> I always write the information down and them know i am reporting them .

I did report one of those box trucks that almost ran me off the road
while I was riding. Fortunately, I was able to catch up with it to
record the info.

Chuck Whealton August 6th 06 11:12 PM

wrote:
> I always write the information down and them know i am reporting them .

I did it once. I was on my way up to training for an entire week and
this was the second day I encountered this obnacious driver for a
"corporate supply" type company.

This second time, he was acting more obnacious than previously and
almost ran somebody else (not me) off the road. At that point, I
called and let 'em know EXACTLY who it was via the license plate and
other identifying number on the truck.

That was the only time I've ever done that. I mean he stood out as
such an unsafe driver it wasn't even funny.

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

DYM[_1_] August 8th 06 12:28 AM

Do you report bad driving to that number?

"Chuck Whealton" > wrote in
ps.com:

> wrote:
>> I always write the information down and them know i am reporting them

..

> I did it once. I was on my way up to training for an entire week and
> this was the second day I encountered this obnacious driver for a
> "corporate supply" type company.
>
> This second time, he was acting more obnacious than previously and
> almost ran somebody else (not me) off the road. At that point, I
> called and let 'em know EXACTLY who it was via the license plate and
> other identifying number on the truck.
>
> That was the only time I've ever done that. I mean he stood out as
> such an unsafe driver it wasn't even funny.
>
> Charles R. Whealton
> Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

After you do it the first time, it gets easier. The first time was a
white work van that ran a stop sign to get in front of my bus. The next
block at the stop light he makes a left turn and I have to sit through an
extra cycle (yeah, boo-hoo for me). What got me was he only slowed down
enough to make the turn (at the stop sign). I almost didn't report him,
but another driver encouraged me saying it was better to get him to shape
up or off the road. I encourage all of you out there to report bad
driving via those toll free numbers. You don't have to do it while you
are driving, later when you have the time.

Doug