AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Classic Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=878)

Neil S June 13th 04 11:11 AM

Classic Audi

Hi, I'm in the UK. In December 2002 my mother-in-law sadly died. She
owned a 1974 ('N' reg ) sky-blue coloured Audi 80 which she hardly
used after her husband died in the late 80's. The car has therefore
only done around 35,000 genuine miles. The ownership of the car has
now passed to my wife. However, later this year we are emigrating to
Australia and therefore wish to sell the car.

Could you please advise me on the following:-
-Is it worth getting the car MOT tested before we sell it?
-What sort of price do you think we can ask for it? It's in fairly
good condition as it has been garaged 99% of the time over the past 15
years.
-Where would anyone recommend advertising the car? We currently live
in Droitwich in Worcestershire, but the car is in Doncaster.

Many thanks in advance for any response you give. BTW, I've emailed
the Audi Owners Club with the same questions and had no response as
yet.
Neil

Kevin Truss June 14th 04 03:25 PM

Up until recently I have been a member of the Audi 100 Coupe owners club
for around 3 years and previously owned a Audi 100 Ls 1972. L Reg

My mileage was around 60,000 and I sold it for £400, though the condition
wasn't excellent.

There is a Audi 80 specific newsgoup for your model on Yahoo that might be
a good place to start looking for a general idea of how much you will get
for it.
Also have a look on E bay, they occasionally pop up particularly on
www.ebay.de
I know that a lot of club members monitor ebay classic car sections for Audi
100's C1's
and 80's and post them on the newsgroup for everyone else to see so that
might be a
good place to advertise and also on the newsgroup, there are always people
advertising
their cars on it.

As a guess I would say that your looking at around £600 - £750, but again it
does
depend heavily on where you advertise it for sale, if its in really good
condition the I would
suggest that you get it MOT'd, at the minium it means someone can drive it
away when they
want to buy it.

Kev.

om...