AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   problem with adjustment (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13582)

griplimit...woops November 19th 04 01:50 PM

problem with adjustment

Hi you guys, I own a 55 oval window bug with chop top and porsche rear end
twin transaxle frubengravenfelzenkopfs. The problem is that I attempted a 1
handed adjustment of the tri-headlight transmision whatsits and discovered
that the combustion internation on the forward and rear pot circlip
scoobrooter, and the adjustment to the recently refurbished and retroifitted
dwell angle thrust bearing, was 2 degrees out. I attempted to fix it by
retorquing the pot bowel stages to approx 4578963255488 psi by using the
specs on my 63 studebaker as a rough guide, I then gave the entire exhaust
system a complete retrofit with sae 60w/50w0 oil that had been upgraded to
4987 specs with a bleeding of the entire suspension with a set of feeler
guages, once this was completed I Removed all the grease from the front boot
latch thrust bearing and replaced it with nylon bushings and some spare toe
jam that I was saving for a rainy day, (i knew it would come in handy) after
all this the car still hesitates on take off. any of you assholes have any
clues?