AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Looking for reputable Afla garage nr Warrington (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=685)

redTed December 25th 04 12:42 PM

Looking for reputable Afla garage nr Warrington

As long as it's not f***ing Caledonia, I'm open to any recommendations.
Airbag warning light is on all the time and I can hear a ticking (valves?)
on start-up.
Caledonia already charged me an exorbitant amount of money to replace the
variator and I've sworn never to return :)

redTed December 25th 04 12:43 PM

Nice subject line typo...bugger !!

cupra December 25th 04 12:52 PM

redTed wrote:
> Nice subject line typo...bugger !!

Who didn't get a spill chocker for Xmas then? ;)

redTed December 25th 04 12:59 PM

>> Nice subject line typo...bugger !!

> Who didn't get a spill chocker for Xmas then? ;)

I forgot to add that to my list !

cupra December 25th 04 01:10 PM

redTed wrote:
>>> Nice subject line typo...bugger !!

>> Who didn't get a spill chocker for Xmas then? ;)
>>

> I forgot to add that to my list !

I did - managed to send the list to Fathre Xasm though!

Spark December 25th 04 08:07 PM

try www.mangolestsi.com they are warrington ish

redTed December 25th 04 09:24 PM

"Spark" > wrote in message
. uk...
> try www.mangolestsi.com they are warrington ish

Great..thanks. Knutsford is only 10 mins from here.

Domestos December 25th 04 09:24 PM

"redTed" > wrote in message
> As long as it's not f***ing Caledonia, I'm open to any recommendations.
> Airbag warning light is on all the time and I can hear a ticking (valves?)
> on start-up.
> Caledonia already charged me an exorbitant amount of money to replace the
> variator and I've sworn never to return :)

Interesting you should say that - I had the same problem (Airbag warning
light), took it to Caledonia in warrington and they did it free of charge in
5 minutes! There are loads of dealers with 10 miles of Warrington - it
depends where you are willing to travel. The GTA centre at stockport has
never given me any issue's

Domestos

redTed December 25th 04 10:50 PM

> Interesting you should say that - I had the same problem (Airbag warning
> light), took it to Caledonia in warrington and they did it free of charge
> in
> 5 minutes! There are loads of dealers with 10 miles of Warrington - it
> depends where you are willing to travel. The GTA centre at stockport has
> never given me any issue's

Thanks for that. Could you give us a clue what the problem may be re the
airbag warning light ? I don't want to go in any dealers again without
having some idea what I'm on about.

Cheers.

Catman December 26th 04 09:49 AM

redTed wrote:

> "Spark" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> try www.mangolestsi.com they are warrington ish
>>

> Great..thanks. Knutsford is only 10 mins from here.

Mangoletsi have a great reputation. I've used them for spares many times,
and they have never screwed me around at all.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk