AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1909 Autobug Horseless Carriage (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7405)

Vicki March 28th 04 06:43 PM

1909 Autobug Horseless Carriage

Does anyone know where I can get ANY information about this beast? I
have a friend who has one in storage and would like to market it but
doesn't know where to start. It was made in Norwalk Ohio and has a
two cylinder engine. I have looked and looked on the web and can find
nothing; she believes it to be one of three in existence.

Thanks!

G.R. Patterson III March 28th 04 06:54 PM

Vicki wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get ANY information about this beast?

You might try the Smithsonian for leads.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.

G.R. Patterson III March 28th 04 07:02 PM

Vicki wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get ANY information about this beast?

I found a reference to it here. http://hcca.org/gazetteindex.html . You might
want to check further into this club.

Vicki March 29th 04 04:52 PM

Thank you!

Vicki in Phoenix

George King III March 30th 04 03:10 PM

Vicki -- The Autobug was indeed built in Norwalk, Ohio. It was made for
only two years, 1909-1910. It was a highwheeler, which means it had
carriange type, tall spoked wheels. The car has a stationary rear axle
to which the engine and related machinery were fitted. The drive
featured sleeves with bearings upon which the wheels turned. The engine
was a two cylinder, 22 horsepower which was typical of the period. The
body styles were a runabout, surrey, touring and delivery. The company
evolved into the Norwalk Motor Car Company in 1910.

Please feel free to contact me at > for more information.
--- George