AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Paint repair question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11307)

Milleron November 18th 04 03:13 AM

Paint repair question

I've passed countless truck-tire treads along the road over the years,
but I've never touched one. Then, in the last five days, I've run
over them TWICE. The last one looked as big as a Shetland pony as it
shot out from under a truck I was passing and right into my front
bumper.
The only damage I can see is the rough black scuff mark on the bumper
of my 2003 Accord. The question is what would be recommended to try
to buff it out? Polish? Rubbing compound? Turn it over to a body
shop? I don't want to make it worse, and I'm really a novice at this.

Ron