AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1999 Z3 2.3 5SPD. 80K Miles (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60805)

wilbed March 30th 06 12:17 AM

1999 Z3 2.3 5SPD. 80K Miles

The ABS and traction control lights illuminate simultaneously under
various conditions (i.e.-sedate/spirited, stop-and-go/highway driving).
Could happen many times in a day, or not happen for weeks. After
turning the car off, restarting, and then driving above approximately
25 MPH, the lights will go out (reset) until the next occurance. The
only things I've known to do we check the brake fluid level, check
the condition of the pads and clean the throttle bodies. As the local
BMW dealer is more of a boutique (cannot talk to a technician-all
business is conducted through a receptionist/"service advisor"), and
requires $97.50/hr to troubleshoot, any suggestion/help is GREATLY
appreciated.