AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   strange beeps coming from the dash behind the steering wheel. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58651)

madloof72 March 6th 06 01:43 AM

strange beeps coming from the dash behind the steering wheel.

I have a 1995 325is. And the last few times I drove it I heard 3
consecutive beeps come from the dash. No lights went on or anything.
Has anyone heard of this before? what could it mean?

Thanks..

E Brown March 6th 06 03:00 AM

strange beeps coming from the dash behind the steering wheel.

On 5 Mar 2006 17:43:11 -0800, "madloof72" >
wrote:

>I have a 1995 325is. And the last few times I drove it I heard 3
>consecutive beeps come from the dash. No lights went on or anything.
>Has anyone heard of this before? what could it mean?

On my E46, this indicates the temperature is 37F or below. I don't
know if the E36 does this.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

R. Mark Clayton March 6th 06 11:57 AM

"E Brown" > wrote in message
> On 5 Mar 2006 17:43:11 -0800, "madloof72" >
> wrote:
>
>>I have a 1995 325is. And the last few times I drove it I heard 3
>>consecutive beeps come from the dash. No lights went on or anything.
>>Has anyone heard of this before? what could it mean?
>>

> On my E46, this indicates the temperature is 37F or below. I don't
> know if the E36 does this.
> epbrown
> --
> "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
> most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus
> 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

On my BMW it will bong if the temp falls to 3C or below, I exceed the
[user]programmed speed limit. There may be other ways.

It bleeps three times in the three seconds before the hour if you have
programmed the time signal - useful if you like to catch the news, but not
all the **** in between.

If all else fails please read the instructions...