AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Oil Pipe (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2675)

[email protected] January 17th 05 07:32 PM

Oil Pipe

I have a 1996 BMW 328 Sedan that needs to have the oil pipe replaced.
The line is beginning to leak through the braids. This appears to be a
relatively straight-forward repair, course that doesn't mean that the
local bimmer guy wouldn't like to relieve me of about $500. It looks
like two bolts, four seals, and the pipe. Any little tricks I am
missing? Left hand threads on the bolts? Is the oil pipe under
pressure? Does it need to be refilled when installed?

Plus... can anyone recommend a good BMW repair guide. I saw the
Bentley Guide on CD for about $75.

Thanks.
John

Jeff Strickland January 17th 05 08:10 PM

Oil pipe???

[email protected] January 17th 05 08:43 PM

Thats what BMW calls it on the order form. It is a braided hosed that
connects to the engine in two spots.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:10:26 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>Oil pipe???

.. .

Kyle and Lori Greene January 18th 05 10:18 PM

> wrote in message
> Thats what BMW calls it on the order form. It is a braided hosed that
> connects to the engine in two spots.
>

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:10:26 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> > wrote:
>
>>Oil pipe???
>>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> I have a 1996 BMW 328 Sedan that needs to have the oil pipe replaced.
>>> The line is beginning to leak through the braids. This appears to be a
>>> relatively straight-forward repair, course that doesn't mean that the
>>> local bimmer guy wouldn't like to relieve me of about $500. It looks
>>> like two bolts, four seals, and the pipe. Any little tricks I am
>>> missing? Left hand threads on the bolts? Is the oil pipe under
>>> pressure? Does it need to be refilled when installed?
>>>
>>> Plus... can anyone recommend a good BMW repair guide. I saw the
>>> Bentley Guide on CD for about $75.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> John

What's the BMW part number on the order guide?

Kyle.