AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Honda Civic - D16A2 Engine (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=32001)

colenum May 6th 05 11:35 PM

Honda Civic - D16A2 Engine

Hi,

Does anyone know the performance specs for the D16A2 1595cc DOHC VTEC
engine. It is in my 1997 3 door Civic VTI

I have searched the web and there is alot of confusing data around.

Thanks,

Martin

Patrick Vaughn via CarKB.com May 7th 05 04:32 AM

Do yo mean B16A2 DOHC? I don't believe that D series engines are DOHC.

colenum May 7th 05 04:11 PM

You are right. My registration document says D16A2 but the number
stamped on the engine is B16A2.

Not sure why this is!?

Thanks

Martin

John May 8th 05 12:09 AM

Different engines. The civics come with the D-series engines and obviously
yours was swapped with a B16A2. If it's the USDM versoin then it makes
160hp@7600rpm and 111 lb/ft@7000rpm.

oups.com...

colenum May 9th 05 08:14 AM

My Civic is UK spec and was biult in Japan (JHM vin number). and I know
that the B16A2 is the original engine.

Can anyone explain?

Patrick Vaughn via CarKB.com May 10th 05 04:48 AM

Heres some specs on the B16:

http://asian_e.tripod.com/Honda_Engine_Specs.htm

Here's a manual:

http://www.carenthusiast.com/crxuk/VTEC_Supplement.pdf