AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New GT pictures added (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26456)

John H March 9th 05 12:58 AM

New GT pictures added

Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in the
background.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

Don't look at the fishing pics!

John H

CobraJet March 9th 05 02:00 AM

In article >, John H
> wrote:

> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in
> the
> background.
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end of
these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the body
color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights and maybe
something down below.

Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road. I
still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> Don't look at the fishing pics!

Did you catch a Barracuda? Marlin? Stingray?

--
CobraJet

Scotter March 9th 05 03:07 AM

What did they do with cruise control? I really like having that on my wheel.

--
Scotter
96 GT Vert

66 6F HCS March 9th 05 04:19 AM

"CobraJet" > wrote
>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS 289

Wound Up March 9th 05 04:29 AM

66 6F HCS wrote:
> "CobraJet" > wrote
>
>>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

<g>

And you'd think that would have been obvious.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

CobraJet March 9th 05 04:45 AM

In article >, Joe
> wrote:

> CobraJet > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >, John H
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some
> >> white in the
> >> background.
> >>
> >> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

> > I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end
> > of
> > these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the
> > body color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights
> > and maybe something down below.

> Agreed. But I have to admit, it looks pretty good in yellow.

Yeah, yellow's a happenin' thing. Very similar to the 1970 D-code
Competition Yellow which my Torino GT is supposed to be.

> > Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
> > leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road.
> > I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the
> > glass.

> They're magnetic.

Good reason. No wonder I get a headache in the Walmart parking lot,
what with the plate in my head. Still leaves a ghost, though. At least
you can move them around.

You see AMT's Corvair re-issue?

Scott Van Nest March 9th 05 04:48 AM

From looking at your last pic of the hood. That thing could really use a 1
or 2 inch cowl. even if just for looks.

Scott

CobraJet March 9th 05 04:51 AM

In article >, Wound Up
> wrote:

> 66 6F HCS wrote:
> > "CobraJet" > wrote
> >
> >>I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

> > Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

> <g>
>
> And you'd think that would have been obvious.

Well, think about it. I've never seen them for sale (not that I
look for stuff like that). I've never gone up and picked at someone's
ribbon with my fingernail. I don't pay attention to sticker tech in the
new millenium. ****.

Oh well, I guess this cancels out the 5 or 6 thousand cars I've
worked on in my life.

--
CobraJet

Wound Up March 9th 05 05:15 AM

CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Wound Up
> > wrote:
>

>>66 6F HCS wrote:
>>
>>>"CobraJet" > wrote

>>>Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

>><g>
>>
>>And you'd think that would have been obvious.

> Well, think about it. I've never seen them for sale (not that I
> look for stuff like that). I've never gone up and picked at someone's
> ribbon with my fingernail. I don't pay attention to sticker tech in the
> new millenium. ****.
>
> Oh well, I guess this cancels out the 5 or 6 thousand cars I've
> worked on in my life.

Not at all. #57's comment was just funny.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

John H March 9th 05 11:56 AM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:00:35 -0700, CobraJet > wrote:

>In article >, John H
> wrote:
>
>> Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in
>> the
>> background.
>>
>> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jherring1/my_photos

> I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end of
>these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the body
>color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights and maybe
>something down below.
>
> Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will*
>leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road. I
>still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.
>

>> Don't look at the fishing pics!

> Did you catch a Barracuda? Marlin? Stingray?
>

>> John H
>>
>> "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

Thanks for the ghost image tip. The sticker is gone!

Most of the fish are rockfish from the Chesapeake Bay. Also called Striped Bass,
or 'stripers'.
John H