AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa in NZ (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=27192)

Alan Johnstone March 16th 05 08:34 PM

Alfa in NZ

Any kiwis on here?

I'm moving out to Auckland next month, and am debating if I should take my
156 out with me.

I have concerns about how easy / cheap it's going to be to get spare parts.
It's bad enough in the UK when they have to order parts from Milan.

Thanks

Jacopo March 17th 05 11:45 PM

> I have concerns about how easy / cheap it's going to be to get spare
> parts. It's bad enough in the UK when they have to order parts from Milan.

Well, start digging a hole in the ground... Sure you'll spend less money and
you can enjoy a trip in Italy when finished... on the other side of Earth
:-)

Seriously, I think that having parts from Munich or Ingolstadt will be
expensive too.
I think that Alfa has a depot somewhere... maybe in the nearby Australia,
it's a big market.

Ciao!
--
Jacopo
Prato, Italia

Neil G March 17th 05 11:46 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:34:33 -0000, "Alan Johnstone"
> wrote:

>Any kiwis on here?
>
>I'm moving out to Auckland next month, and am debating if I should take my
>156 out with me.
>
>I have concerns about how easy / cheap it's going to be to get spare parts.
>It's bad enough in the UK when they have to order parts from Milan.
>
>Thanks

forum.alfa156.net ...;0

D & J Merrylees March 23rd 05 10:40 AM

We have many 2nd hand 156's currently for sale - either "NZ new" ex Italy,
or imported from Singapore or Japan.

Ateco are the current NZ and Australian distributors importing "NZ new"
Alfa's, and any parts not available locally are imported from Italy, just
the same as the UK.

Here are a few web sites that may be of interest;

www.autopoint.co.nz
www.alfa.co.nz
www.ccs.co.nz
www.torino.co.nz