AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   opinion please (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61396)

rebco10 April 4th 06 02:41 AM

opinion please

Sold my 96 which was a great car. Now I am replacing it.
Saw a 99 Vert. borla exhaust. I kind of shied away from it as the guy
did not seem too interested in selling it. Real pretty though.

Now I found a 01 blue 6 spd car in my range. It has a corsa exhaust.
I really dont need loud and have no idea what it sounds like yet. Is
this good or bad for the car and the re-sale.

It also has z06 rims. He tells me it has 18" on front and back. The
car comes with 18 rear 17 front. Does anyone know how this would
affect the car? It does look real cool though.

Thanks for the help.

Ralph

cyndy April 4th 06 03:02 AM

opinion please

Would screw up geometry of car....too much gear for a 6 speed...shy
away. Spoke to my racecar friend.

Dad April 4th 06 03:45 AM

opinion please

"rebco10" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip
> It also has z06 rims. He tells me it has 18" on front and back.
> The
> car comes with 18 rear 17 front. Does anyone know how this would
> affect the car? It does look real cool though.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Ralph

Won't hurt a thing if it is tired correctly. Tire size needs to be
correct for diameter and a usable width and offset that will clear the
wheel wheel wells and frame.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51